Summary: Borrelia burgdorferi REV protein
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Borrelia burgdorferi REV protein Provide feedback
This family consists of several REV proteins from Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease spirochete). The function of REV is unknown although it known that gene is induced during the ingesting of host blood suggesting a role in the metabolic activation of borreliae to adapt to physiological stimuli .
Gilmore RD Jr, Mbow ML, Stevenson B; , Microbes Infect 2001;3:799-808.: Analysis of Borrelia burgdorferi gene expression during life cycle phases of the tick vector Ixodes scapularis. PUBMED:11580974 EPMC:11580974
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR007126
This family consists of several REV proteins from Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease spirochete) and Borrelia garinii. The function of REV is unknown although it has been shown that the gene is induced during the ingesting of host blood suggesting a role in the metabolic activation of borreliae to adapt to physiological stimuli [PUBMED:11580974].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_26177 (release 7.2)|
|Author:||Finn RD, Moxon SJ|
|Number in seed:||6|
|Number in full:||40|
|Average length of the domain:||144.40 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||56 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||92.53 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree