Summary: Diacylglycerol acyltransferase
Diacylglycerol acyltransferase Provide feedback
The terminal step of triacylglycerol (TAG) formation is catalysed by the enzyme diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DAGAT) [1,2].
Oelkers P, Cromley D, Padamsee M, Billheimer JT, Sturley SL; , J Biol Chem 2002;277:8877-8881.: The DGA1 gene determines a second triglyceride synthetic pathway in yeast. PUBMED:11751875 EPMC:11751875
Sorger D, Daum G; , J Bacteriol 2002;184:519-524.: Synthesis of triacylglycerols by the acyl-coenzyme A:diacyl-glycerol acyltransferase Dga1p in lipid particles of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PUBMED:11751830 EPMC:11751830
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR007130The terminal step of triacylglycerol (TAG) formation is catalysed by the enzyme diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DAGAT) [PUBMED:11751830, PUBMED:11751875].
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Molecular function||transferase activity, transferring acyl groups other than amino-acyl groups (GO:0016747)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_11378 (release 7.2)|
|Author:||Finn RD, Wood V|
|Number in seed:||6|
|Number in full:||1100|
|Average length of the domain:||230.60 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||64.76 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree